Crosby 800 Direct Spring Operated Pressure Relief Valves
Sizes: 3/4" x 1" to 2" x 2" and 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" Orifices: 0.110 to 0.503 in2 [0.71 to 3.25 cm2] Connections: NPT, Flanged, Male socket weld
Temperature Range: -450 to +750°F [-268 to +399°C]
Set Pressures: 15 to 1500 psig [1.03 to 103.42 barg]
Steam: Limit 1000 psig
Code: ASME VIII std. and ASME III
Crosby Series 800 full nozzle pressure relief valves are designed for use on air, gas, vapor and steam service applications. The Series 800 design utilizes an external blowdown adjustment to provide shorter blowdown than the Series 900 OMNI-TRIM, typically in the range of 5 to 15%.
The Series 800 pressure relief valve with its precise blowdown adjustment results in increased efficiency since system pressure can operate closer to set pressure. The shorter blowdown also reduces product loss.
Effective orifice areas are 0.110, 0.196, 0.307 and 0.503 sq. in. [71.0, 126, 198 and 325 sq. mm].
Features & Benefits:
- Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors. Certification includes air and steam for Series 800.
- Valves manufactured in accordance with the requirements of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII and Section III.
- Superior seat tightness. Precision lapped flat metal-to-metal seats, or elastomer or TFE O-ring soft seats provide the ultimate in seat tightness.
- Maximum corrosion resistance. Trim components are stainless steel as standard. All 316 stainless steel, Monel®, Hastelloy® and NACE* optional constructions are available.
- Spring standardization. Standard Series 800 pressure relief valves are suitable for inlet temperatures to 750°F [399°C], using a 17-7PH stainless steel spring.
- Fewer parts result in increased reliability and ease of maintenance.
- Series 800 pressure relief valves have an external blowdown adjustment allowing for short blowdown, smaller differential between operating and set pressures, and reduced product loss.