Series 200 Pop Action Safety Valve
Pilot Operated Pop Action Safety Valve for Gas/Vapor service.
Anderson Greenwood’s Series 200 pop action, safety valve, with non-flowing pilot, provides system over pressure protection you can count on. Since its 1966 introduction, it has been continuously refined and remains the standard against which all other pilot operated valves are compared. This valve is well suited for gas, vapor, and many mixed phase services, including dirty and/or wet applications.
The Series 200 is available with effective orifice areas of 0.110 to 63.50 in2 [0.710 to 409.7 cm2], valve inlet sizes 1" to 10" [25 mm to 254 mm], set pressures from 25 to over 6000 psig [1.72 to over 413.7 barg], and continuous service temperatures from -423°F to +600°F [-253°C to +315°C]
Features & Benefits:
- Balanced Design: Proper valve operation and lift are unaffected by back pressure. Costly and fragile metal bellows are not required.
- External, independent blowdown adjustment: Provides easy, accurate and repeatable settings. Reduces costly removal of valve and system downtime.
- ASME Section VIII Code Stamp: Certified National Board capacities for gas service assures user of independent third party flow rate verification.
- Reduced Maintenance Cost: Soft seats greatly extend service life, making costly and time consuming metal seat lapping unnecessary.
- Suited for Dirty or Wet Service: Non-flowing pilot minimizes entrance of dirt and formation of hydrates in the pilot. Due to low velocities within the pilot and supply tubing, most particles will drop out upstream of pilot inlet screen. Optional cartridge type pilot filter is available for extremely dirty services.
- Increased System Output: Because of total valve tightness to at least 95 percent of set pressure, the system can be operated nearer set pressure without valve leakage, resulting in greater system throughput.
- Unique Field Test Capability: This option allows accurate set pressure verification with valve in service. No system isolation block valve or rupture disc required.
- Reduced Product Loss and Pollution: Soft seats for premium tightness before and after relief cycles.
- Rugged Bracket Pilot Mounting: Extremely rigid mounting protects against vibration and careless handling. Shake table proven.
- Full Lift at Set Pressure: Allows D.O.T. installation to be set higher than Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure (MAOP), resulting in increased system throughput.
- Remote sense option available at no added cost to the relief valve.