AGCO Series 80, 60 Direct Spring Relief Valve
Types 81, 83, 86 Safety Valves The Type 81 direct spring operated safety valve, with an inert plastic seat, is suitable for a wide range of products, pressures, and temperatures involving gas, vapor, and liquid or gas thermal relief applications. It allows maintained tightness close to set pressure, opens fully at set pressure, and provides a safe, external adjustment for short blowdown.
Premium performance, direct spring operated pressure relief valves use special internals and soft seats to provide optimum, accurate performance.
Features & Benefits:
- Soft seat design as standard. Helps provide repeatable leak-tight performance before and after each relief cycle.
- Leak-tight performance near set pressure. Allows higher operating pressure, resulting in increased process throughput and system optimization.
- Replaceable soft seat and seals. Easy seat and seal replacement, compared to refurbishment (no expensive, time consuming lapping of metal components) results in lower long-term maintenance costs.
- External adjustable blowdown (Types 81/83/86). Allows for precise adjustment of reseat pressure without affecting set pressure adjustment. Adjustment does not require access to valve internal trim, blowdown can be adjusted with valve in service, helping eliminate the need for costly removal and/or system shut down.
- Full lift at set pressure (Types 81/83/86). No overpressure required for full lift. Minimizes possibility of freeze-up in applications involving a cryogenic or refrigerant and allows for D.O.T. applications to be set higher than Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure (MAOP).
- Balanced spindle design (Type 81P). Balanced against the effects of back pressure without the use of a bellows, reducing cost of both the initial valve purchase and associated long-term maintenance.
- Meets ASME Section VIII requirements. Provides the user third-party verification of valve capacity and performance.
Connections: 1/2” x 3/4” to 2” x 3”
Inlet Flange Ratings: ANSI 150, 300, 600, 900, 1500, 2500
Maximum Temperature: 550°F [288°C]
Minimum Pressure: 20 psig [1.4 barg]
Maximum Pressure: 10,000 psig [690 barg]
Type 81P Relief Valve for Liquid Service
Type 81P Relief Valve The Type 81P is a soft-seated, balanced, direct spring operated pressure relief valve intended for liquid applications.